Yes, you can mount your folders in Windows and Mac and display them in Explorer or Finder. To do this, you need to have the software installed on your computer.
Options to Display DataVault as Drive letter or Favorites Folder
A vault can be mounted to appear (on your Host computer only) as either a Drive letter or a Favorites Folder within explorer. This option setting will not affect how your Vaults appear on any guest computer.
Choose your setting by following these steps:
- Click on “Tools” in the menu bar and select “Options”;
- On the Options screen select the tab “Locations”;
- Three mount options will display: “None”, “Favorites Folder”, or “Drive letter”.
- If you select the “Favorites Folder” option, a folder called “ENC DataVault” will appear. Click on the folder to display your vaults.
- If you select the “Drive Letter” option, the drive letter appears as “ENC DataVault_Name (G:)”. Note: for our purposes “G:” represents the next drive letter available on your computer. Click “OK” to accept.
Note: For security reasons, your vault setting only appears when the ENC DataVault™ application is running; if the program is locked, a Drive letter or Favorites folder will not appear.