ENC DataVault 6.2 is a password protected, data security application, which is fully redesigned. Since the software uses a new and different encryption engine from version 5.4.x, you will need to temporarily move your data to your PC or Mac computer BEFORE downloading and installing version 6.2. After installing version 6.2, you will then migrate the files into the new ENC DataVault version 6.2. The data can be securely removed from the computer at that time. Please complete the file migration and software upgrade, by following the steps.
Please follow the steps below to upgrade and move your files from v. 5.4.x to 6.1.x:
- Always backup all of the files on your flash drive to another drive;
- Run the old SW version and unencrypt the files, (right click on the file(s), select 'Save file(s) to'…) and save them to your computer somewhere;
- Delete the existing encryptstick.exe file (Mac = encryptstick.app) from your drive;
- Delete the existing ENC DataVault folder from the drive;
- Download and install the current version of the software from the website: https://www.encsecurity.com/datavault/download
- Find your DataVault license on https://www.encsecurity.com/datavault/support#tab_license
- If you are installing the software to the flash drive only, download the zipped file, extract the installers and copy them to your flash drive;
- The Set up Wizard will automatically run. Select your drive then click “Next”
- The Wizard will complete the installation, then click on “Finish”
- The files saved on your computer can now be encrypted in the new ENC DataVault.