The encryption that is applied to files already stored in existing vaults cannot be changed. The encryption level is applied to the vault itself, and all the files added to that vault will be encrypted according to the level assigned to the specific vault when it was created and cannot later be changed.
The vault that is created when you first set up the program is by default assigned 512-bit encryption. If you want, you can change encryption strength for any new vaults that are added thereafter. When you change the default encryption strength to 1024-bits, each file encrypted thereafter to the new vault AND any vault created thereafter will use that encryption strength.
Here is how you change encryption strength for new vaults:
- Open ENC DataVault and log in to open the vault interface;
- On the Menu click TOOLS>OPTIONS;
- On the drop-down menu choose 'Encryption'
- Select the preferred encryption level for your future vaults and click OK;
- On the Encryption Pane, right click and choose NEW VAULT; name the vault and select the location for the new vault
The 512-bits encryption is very strong. However, if you feel you need to have the higher encryption applied to the files in an existing vault folder, you can decrypt files stored in the previous vault by saving them to your desktop, and then encrypt them to a new vault again after changing the default encryption level.