If you have a recent backup of your flash drive data on your computer
- Format the drive and reinstall the ENC DataVault application;
- Follow the lost drive procedure during installation to recover the vault and
If you need help with this step, please refer to How to perform a full re-install of the software? and Is it possible to encrypt a large file (more than 4 GB) with DataVault?
If you do not have a recent backup of the flash drive, and are unable to create a backup
- Find the vault on your flash drive and copy the file to your desktop;
- Format the flash drive;
- Reinstall the ENC DataVault application;
- Rename the vault file on the flash drive;
- Copy the vault file from the Desktop to the flash drive.