Please follow the steps below to upgrade and move your files from v. 5.4.x to 6.1.x or higher. NOTE: this procedure does not apply to EncryptStick 6.0 or higher.
- Always backup all of the files on your flash drive to another drive;
- Run the old SW version and unencrypt the files, (right click on the file(s), select 'Save file(s) to'…) and save them to your computer somewhere;
- Delete the existing encryptstick.exe file (Mac = encryptstick.app) from your drive;
- Delete the existing ENC EncryptStick folder from the drive;
- Download and install the current version of the software from the website: https://www.encsecurity.com/datavault/download
- If you are installing the software to the flash drive only, download the zipped file, extract the installers and copy them to your flash drive;
- The Set up Wizard will automatically run. Select your drive then click “Next”
- The Wizard will complete the installation, then click on “Finish”
- The files saved on your computer can now be encrypted in the new ENC DataVault.