We regret that you are having a problem installing DataVault and we are happy to help you. There are multiple things to check, before contacting our support department. Please consider the following aspects:
- Your computer is offline
- Windows Firewall could be blocking the application
- User Account Control is set to restricted, therefore only admins can install software
Your computer is offline
DataVault has to be validated on first install, therefore you need to be online. If you are offline, validation cannot take place. Please connect your computer to the internet and try again.
DataVault validates your license upon registration, therefore you need an internet connection to be able to install the program. It could be possible Windows Firewall is blocking this connection. To check this, please do the following:
- Open "START" and type in "WINDOWS FIREWALL";
- You'll be able to open the firewall settings;
- On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall";
- Search the list to find ENC DataVault;
- Can't find it? Please click "Allow another app" and click "Browse" in the new window;
- Navigate to the place where you've installed DataVault and click on the .exe;
- Click "add" and ENC DataVault will appear in the list;
- Click "Change settings", this could require an admin password;
- For ENC DataVault, apply both "private" and "Public";
- Save your settings and try ENC DataVault again.
User Account Control
Microsoft Windows 7 and higher are equipped with User Account Control. This means the administrator of a computer can determine who can or cannot install software. Therefore, it could be possible you need admin rights to install ENC DataVault. If this is the case, please ask your system administrator. You'll recognize the need for an admin if the screen fades our and you get a yellow pop-up saying admin rights are required.
If you are still having problems, please submit a ticket.