To create a new vault, open the program and right-click on the encryption pane. Then navigate to the location you choose for the new vault and name it.
You can create Vaults in virtually any location, on any connected device, without installing the software in all those locations.
For example, if you have the app installed on your Windows 10 Desktop, you can connect a storage drive (external SSD for example) and create a vault on that drive. If you connect that drive to your licensed laptop, you can run the app on the laptop and access that storage vault and add/edit files in the vault.
If you have two drives on your desktop computer, you can install the software on the C: drive and then create a vault on any internal drive.
You can also create vaults in the cloud and access those vaults with the software from any licensed computer that has access to your cloud account folders (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox).
Follow the steps below:
- Install and license activate the software on your computer and a flash drive; (activating the program on a flash drive will make the software portable for use on other computers)
- Start DV on your computer and log in;
- Right click in the vault (encryption pane) area; on the drop down menu, choose NEW VAULT;
- On the dialog window, name the new vault and navigate to your online cloud folder, to save it;
- If you are using Mac, in the dialog window, to select a location for the cloud vault, name the vault and click on the down arrow; then navigate to the cloud location and create a new folder, then save the vault;
- The new vault located in the cloud will appear in the encryption pane;
Your cloud vault will be accessible when you launch DV on your computer and login. The vault will also be accessible from your licensed flash drive, either from your computer or from any other computer when you launch DV, provided that you can reach your cloud folder from that computer.
With regard to security, even if someone should somehow gain access to your cloud account folders, they would not be able to access the files in the cloud vault folder, because the files are encrypted.