Our software allows you to create vaults in cloud locations, such as Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox. You can create any number of vaults in various cloud locations.
Follow the steps below:
- Install and license activate the software on your computer and a flash drive; (activating the program on a flash drive will make the software portable for use on other computers)
- Start DataVault on your computer and log in;
- Right click in the vault (encryption pane) area; on the drop down menu, choose NEW VAULT;
- On the dialog window, name the new vault and navigate to your online cloud folder, to save it;
- If you are using Mac, in the dialog window, to select a location for the cloud vault, name the vault and click on the down arrow; then navigate to the cloud location and create a new folder, then save the vault;
- The new vault located in the cloud will appear in the encryption pane.
Your cloud vault will be accessible when you launch DataVault on your computer and login. The vault will also be accessible from your licensed flash drive, either from your computer or from any other computer when you launch DataVault, provided that you can reach your cloud folder from that computer.
And with regard to security, even if someone should somehow gain access to your cloud account folders, they would not be able to access the files in the cloud vault folder, because the files are encrypted.